The Life-Saving Importance of AEDs
Here are some of the reasons why more and more government agencies and military units are investing in AEDs and making early defibrillation a part of their emergency response plans:
- Defibrillation within three minutes of sudden cardiac arrest increases the chances of survival to 70 percent. Shock within one minute of collapse raises the survival rate to 90 percent.
- Calling 911 is necessary but the wait for first responders may take too long. The average call-to-shock time in a typical community is nine minutes.
- OSHA now recommends AEDs in the workplace, and recent legislation may require your workplace to provide them.
- We have more than 20,000 AED programs deployed globally for partners including the Army National Guard, the Air National Guard, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Coast Guard, the U.S. Marine Corps, and the U.S. Navy.
Why a Powerheart ® is Right for You
Cardiac Science designed the Powerheart G5 AED, G3 Pro and G3 Plus so most anyone could use it. Once the defibrillation pads are applied, the AED determines if a shock is required and administers one if it’s needed.
- Powerheart G5 AED, G3 Pro and G3 Plus options tailored to the needs of your professional or lay rescuers. The Powerheart AED G3 Pro is appropriate for the advanced life support-trained responder, while the Powerheart AED G3 Plus makes it possible for almost anyone to administer a life-saving shock.
- Dual-Language Capability where the responder can choose between two languages. A touch of a button changes the prompts in the chosen language without restarting or delaying the rescue.
- Patented Rescue Ready® technology that self-checks all main AED components (battery, hardware, software, and pads) daily. The AED completes a partial charge of the high-voltage electronics weekly, and a full charge monthly.
- RescueCoach™ voice prompts that guide you during a rescue situation (Plus models).
- Airworthiness and durability to withstand harsh environments. The Powerheart AED G3 Pro’s airworthiness certification ensures safe operability in aircraft environments and in demanding conditions.
- Rugged rescue backpacks and Pelican™ cases that make it easy to transport Powerheart AEDs for training activities and field operations.
- A helpful text screen that runs in tandem with the voice prompts, which is especially useful for rescuers in noisy environments. The screen also provides valuable rescue information to professional rescuers when they arrive on the scene.
- Variable escalating energy that determines the electrical impedance (resistance level) of each patient and customizes the energy level delivered. If more than one shock is necessary, our proprietary STAR® biphasic software escalates the energy to deliver therapy at an appropriate, higher level.
- A eight-year warranty that is one of the longest in the industry. We also provide a four-year, full operational guarantee on the Intellisense® lithium battery used with the Powerheart G5 and G3 Plus defibrillators.
Cardiac Science partners with ADS Operational Equipment and Logistics Solutions, an ity in sourcing thousands of products for military groups and units. ADS acts as our agent to provide our military customers with:
- Centralized purchasing power
- Convenient purchasing options
- Creative logistics solutions, including custom warehousing and kitting
- Outstanding products at competitive prices