Protecting Communities Through Public Access Defibrillator (PAD) Programs
Our life-saving defibrillators are needed everywhere the public can access them to save lives. For practical purposes, that means at 凯发k8国际官方home or wherever two or more meet: at work, school, in restaurants, malls, airports, libraries, and other public places.
Take San Diego’s example.
San Diego started its nationally recognized Project Heart Beat in 2001. Working with agencies, businesses, and organizations across San Diego County, they’ve deployed more than 4,000 of Cardiac Science’s Powerheart AEDs in public places. Since the program’s inception, these publicly accessible defibrillators have been used to save more than 129 lives. Imagine the impact on all those families – and the community at large.
Unsatisfied, San Diego City Council went further in December 2008 and unanimously passed the first-in-the-nation heart safe bill requiring automated external defibrillators under the municipal buildings code.
Councilmember Jim Madaffer said, “This legislation grasps the common sense point that wherever a large number of people are, there needs to be an AED and appropriate training just as there needs to be a fire extinguisher.” Read more.
We echo the sentiment.
PAD Programs in Your Community
PAD programs provide participating schools, organizations, and businesses with the resources that make placing defibrillators safe and affordable. These resources include:
- Medical oversight, including physician validation of training, standards, and procedures
- The American Heart Association’s Heartsaver training for CPR with AED
- Program maintenance, including record keeping and data collection
- Consulting on AED site selection and deployment
- Incident management
- Protection against loss, damage, or liability associated with an AED deployment
- Preferred pricing for AEDs purchased through Cardiac Science
We welcome you to find out more about the many PAD programs that we’ve helped implement – and perhaps even start one near you! You can look to these leaders for examples of PADs in action:
- Cities: San Diego, Baltimore, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Nevada
- Organizations: Boy Scouts of America, US Lacrosse, Parent HeartWatch, Minnesota Timberwolves forward Ryan Gomes’ Hoops for Heart Health, Teen Screen America
Where are we located?
Headquartered in Deerfield, Wisconsin, just east of Madison, as well as operations in Denmark, France, Italy, Belgium, Germany and the United Kingdom. We boast an installed base of over 500,000 units in nearly 100 countries worldwide.